Friday, January 21, 2011

F-A-D days 37 thru 40

Okay so I'm going to be honest - this project is becoming difficult to maintain. In part, it's because it has taken a back burner to everything else in my life. Every day around midnight, 1am, or even later, I find myself wondering what to do for that day, and settling for something quick and easy. I've had a couple of time-sensitive projects that have been taking up a lot of my time, but those will be over within the next week so I'm hoping that energy will go towards F-A-D. The bad news is that I'm feeling the inklings of project burn-out, but hopefully that will go away once I have a little less on my plate. On to the flowers...





1-15-11

37/365

Today I made a collage in my sketchbook with some paper scraps. The flower pots are made out of magazine ads and they have ruby red brads at the corners. The leaves and stems are scraps of watercolor paper from another project, and I cut the petals out of patterned glitter/embossed paper. Then I topped it all of with a couple of self-adhesive gems for the centers of the flowers.










1-16-11

38/365

Today I wanted to practice a technique for the cover of my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project. I used my watercolor pencils on black paper (it's actually the back side of the protective cover sheet that comes on Aquarelle watercolor blocks) and then I used my Niji water brush to blend the color.







1-17-11

39/365

This was a simple day for F-A-D again. I arranged homemade confetti in the shape of a flower. The end.








1-18-11

40/365

Got some new art supplies at Michaels and of course I had to play with them. Before I began working on the page, I rubbed it with an ink pad to give it some background. Then I used Sharpie paint pens to make layers of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment