Monday, January 10, 2011

Days 31 & 32 F-A-D

1-9-11

31/365

I cut this flower out of a coffee filter. First I flattened out the coffee filter, then folded it in half, and then in thirds (the way you do for snowflakes) and then in half again (for symmetry.) Then I cut a few rounded shapes, making sure to preserve portions of the folds. Then I unfolded it and flattened it out, and voila!













1-10-11

32/365

♥ Happy birthday to my mom! ♥  

I made today's flower by using scissors to scrape away the plastic on the lid of my trusty pencil sharpener. This sharpener has been around the block -- I've had it since 2002, my first year at Clover Park -- but it's still my best pencil sharpener. Those Germans know what they're doing.

Top view


This photo gives a better sense of the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment