Saturday, January 22, 2011

Days 41 thru 43 flower-a-day

1-19-11

41/365

More fun with paper crafts today! I cut petal shapes out of handmade paper (not handmade by me, unfortunately) and then glued them to the end of a toothpick. After they were all glued on, I rolled the outer edges around another toothpick to curl them. This was a lot more time consuming than it looks, but I like how it turned out so I think I might do a bouquet version in the future.














1-20-11

42/365

I had to spend a while catching up on homework so I had another easy flower-a-day today. These are paper stickers that I bought from Michaels.









1-21-11

43/365

Working smart, not hard! Actually, I worked pretty hard on today's flower-a-day project. I spent a lot of time experimenting and messing around, but this sugar skull took me the better part of 5 or so hours. It's going to become a pattern that I'll put on a product (haven't decided what yet) for my Illustrator class assignment. I might even put this into my portfolio. The flourishes are Illustrator shapes, but I made the rest myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment