Saturday, January 8, 2011

Days 25 thru 30 catch up

1-3-11

25/365

Today I took apart a mini sketchbook (only 15 sheets) and made this abstract flower out of the wire binding.










1-4-11

26/365

Two of my colored pencils broke off in large chunks, so I used the chunks to rub the colors around with my fingertip. 







1-5-11

27/365

This is a used aluminum tealight container. The four bumps are the feet on the bottom of the tealight. I cut slits down the side and flattened it out, then rounded the ends to make petals. Then I used my Bic Mark-Its markers (that I won on the Craft Test Dummies blog! =D) to add color. Thanks to Jenny of Craft Test Dummies for the hook up!






1-6-11

28/365

Killing two birds with one stone today... This is for an assignment for my Illustrator class. I had to make the cover of a greeting card using Illustrator's basic shapes, pencil, and pen tools, but no colors or any other fancy stuff. I got just a little bit fancy by changing the stroke style and adding text.






1-7-11

29/365

I made this by rubbing with a colored pencil over a laser-cut metal plate, then I removed the plate and filled in more color.







1-8-11

30/365

I was looking for a quick project today, thinking about what I could do, listening to Crystal Castles and staring at my iTunes visualizer, and then I got inspired by one of the designs that morphed out of the colors and shapes on the visualizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment