Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flower-a-day: Days 49 thru 55

1-27-11
49/365

I bought a sampler set of acrylic paints so I played with those tonight. It's not pretty, but it was definitely a lesson in the importance of brush quality. I used the cheap-o plastic/nylon scholastic-grade brush that came free with the set and it really didn't do me any favors.










1-28-11
50/365

Fun with kirigami! I used handmade papers purchased from Daniel Smith and I folded them to create 10-point flowers. The paper is so thick it's difficult to get clean cuts, but I like them anyway.








1-29-11
51/365

A quirky flower made with colored pencils. My concept was that the center is the sun and the petals are clouds.








1-30-11
52/365

Playing with some new stamps tonight. I bought some of those clear ones that cling to an acrylic block so you can see where you're stamping - LOVE THEM! I'll never buy another old school stamp. Stamped with colored inks.







1-31-11
53/365

More fun with the cling stamps tonight! I stamped a bunch of flowers with black ink and then added color to them all with my Bic Mark Its Ultra Fine markers. (Part of the set I won on the Craft Test Dummies blog!)








2-1-11
54/365

Using my Bic Mark Its again tonight to draw some retro flowers.





2-2-11
55/365

I made these flowers with more handmade papers from Daniel Smith. I cut out the petals, punched holes in the ends, then threaded the petals onto a brad. Next I curled the outer edges of all the petals to give them some volume and dimension. Then I cut out the stems, leaves, and grass and arranged everything on a sheet of white paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment