Thursday, February 24, 2011

Days 73 thru 76 F-A-D

2-20-11
73/365

Experimenting with some quilled flowers using different shapes - teardrops, marquises, and semi-circles.











2-21-11
74/365

This gets my vote for ugliest flower to date, but what it lacks in beauty, it makes up for in creativity and resourcefulness. I made this out of trimming scraps from my latest graphic design project, the design for HCC's literary journal "Arcturus." I had to make a folding dummy in addition to my usual mounted final piece, so there were lots and lots of paper trimming leftovers.

I'd like to take a moment and give a shout out to Fiskars for making an awesome paper trimmer. I first bought mine (which is actually an older version of the one in the link) when I put together my Interior Design portfolio 7 years ago, and it's been one of the best things I've ever bought - nothing short of invaluable. If not for the trimmer, I would've had to do this all with an X-acto knife and ruler.









2-22-11
75/365

Tonight I got out my Prismacolor clear blender marker and played around with blending colored pencils and watercolor pencils. I used 2 watercolor pencils for this flower, and then blended them with the marker.







2-23-11
76/365

This is a mixed media collage of my favorite flower - Gerbera daisies - using self-adhesive borders, yarn for the stems, frilly trim for the grass, paper flowers, and glitter flower stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment