Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Flower-a-day 84 thru 88

3-3-11
84/365

I was stumped for a project tonight so this piece evolved as I went along. I started out with flowery scrapbook papers, glued them together, and added flower brads for dimension. Next I added the paper flower stickers in coordinating colors, and finally I added this lovely Ralph Waldo Emerson quote I found on the interwebs.










3-4-11
85/365

An attempt at a mum with 6 colors of Bic Mark Its.








3-5-11
86/365

This is a vase made using Illustrator. I made the 3D shape by taking the yellow line on the right and revolving it 360 degrees around the left edge. I used Map Art to add the flower graphics.









3-6-11
87/365

This is a quick ink sketch of a lotus flower on a lilypad. I want a pond in my backyard just so I can have lotuses. Frogs would be cool, too.










3-7-11
88/365

I decided yesterday's lotus needed some color. I used Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils to lay down color and then I blended it with my favorite Robert Simmons #8 Round brush and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment