Monday, December 13, 2010

New project... Flower-a-day! Days 1 thru 4

As an effort to expand my artistic horizons and do something creative every day, I've started a new project inspired by Noah Scalin's Skull-a-day project (click for Noah's skull-a-day blog.) For an entire year, I plan to create something with or featuring a flower every day. I am imposing only three rules on myself to allow for maximum flexibility and chance for success, but I reserve the right to change the rules and/or objective at any time.  :-)

1. Create one thing every day for one year.
2. It has to be related to flowers in some way.
3. Other than that, anything goes.


With that said, here is my progress thus far...



Day 1. Petals made with gold stamp pad outlined in sparkly gel pen.



Day 2. I used a toothpick to draw in my tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve.
Day 3. Borrowed from a bracelet my nieces made for me. I like the shadows created by the beads.
Day 4. Chenille yarn arranged in a flower shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment