Sunday, May 8, 2011

F-A-D days 145 thru 149

5-3-11
145/365

Today's flower project is page corner bookmarks. I saw a tutorial on a blog about how to make something similar, so I got out all my handmade papers and made several of them. They're about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". I plan to give sets of them as gifts for Mother's Day. The three in the left column are going to my sister in Utah and the three in the right column are going to my mother-in-law in Idaho.











5-4-11
146/365

I had my Life Drawing class tonight and the model never showed, so I spent the first 15 minutes of class messing around with my kneaded eraser and I made this flower out of it. It might be time to get a new eraser... this one is getting all dark and difficult to knead.









5-5-11
147/365

A while back, I found this Portland-based company called Curiosity on a blog. Every month, they make the cutest FREE 3D calendars (among many other fun 3D things) that you cut out and assemble yourself. Of course, I jumped on the May Tiki calendar. I printed it on semigloss photo paper and cut & glued it in less than an hour. The first photo shows the front of the tiki with the calendar at the bottom and the second photo is of the backside of the tiki (and shows the flowers) with the top off. Click on the photo to read the limerick on the bottom.









5-6-11
148/365

Decided to make more page corner bookmarks. I got a good response so I may try selling sets of them on Etsy.















5-7-11
149/365

Today's flower is also my contribution to Gigi's collage as part of The Collage Collaborative project on Facebook. I added the lotus flower and the butterfly hair clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment